Blockchain affiliate startups are newly coming online and they are mind blowing for our bottom lines! Web 3.0 (decentralized apps, decentralized Internet) are fast becoming the base structure for new solutions to affiliate marketing.
I wanted to explain this graphic, too. Here’s my video explaining decentralized affiliate networks on blockchain technology. Do me a favor and share it around!
As an affiliate, you can gain an edge right now by learning about this new technology. Your mind will be blown too! Please leave a comment with your questions and thoughts at the bottom. I want us to discuss this stuff together so we can innovate and help each other.
These 5 startups are redefining how advertisers and affiliates do business. The platforms are based on blockchain technology, smart contracts, and new cryptocurrency coins. It is so early in this game that these are basically the only ones I’ve found.
Blockchain Affiliate Platforms – A Brand New Paradigm
If you want the details of how decentralized networks are improving affiliate marketing, check out my detailed article: “10 Reasons Blockchains are an Affiliate Marketer’s Best Friend“. These benefits almost seem too good to be true, but that’s the nature of cryptos. They simply seem to have spawned innovation in every direction.
Broad Goals of New Affiliate Networks with Blockchain:
- Easier access: Vendors and marketers can interact directly. Smart contracts allow instant access to affiliate links with a basic sign up in many cases. No more proving your traffic or waiting weeks to be accepted.
- Transparency: Ads, clicks, and conversions are ALL openly saved on decentralized ledgers. That data is not able to be tampered with once on the blockchain. This also leads to…
- Excellent stats and analytics tracking: Analytics has been getting better and better, but this is near perfect. A special code called a “hash” is created for each click in some cases. These are added to a blockchain on the database. This data is transparent to everyone. Dashboards can be built on top of these. We will be able to track our efforts with ease.
- Trustless: The programming of smart contracts is the basis of interactions. Affiliate and merchant fraud will be limited here. The new technology allows for each party to not need to trust the other.
- Reducing costs: The blockchains act as the middle men. In the past, large affiliate networks charge a huge fee for doing affiliate business through them. That has always cut into an affiliate’s bottom line.
- Improved verification of earnings: Because of the public nature of this data, our clicks and conversions are easier to verify. This goes along with vendor’s skimming off earnings to keep. In the past, we had a tough time knowing if we were being fully paid our dues.
I chose these 5 startups based on their novel impact, strength of their teams, and ones that seem to have the spirit of decentralization and personal freedom as their driving forces.
Always watch out for the impostors and corporate bastards that are trying to be a fake, forward looking business. Decentralization with this technology is a real threat to them, but it can’t be stopped. Many efforts are out there to falsely ride in on the blockchain revolution.
These 5 efforts are ones that I see as having the greatest early impact on our affiliate marketing community and business. Those are my bottom lines for choosing this list, in case you wondered.
5 Cutting Edge Blockchain Affiliate Startups
1. RefToken (REF): This ICO has a passion for making new blockchain projects go mainstream. They recognize that affiliates can be a primary marketing source for that. Affiliates are: webmasters, SEOs, social media professionals, video marketers, and the list goes on.
The point is that their team is savvy to the idea that we affiliates inject the story of their startups into many different forms of media. This is powerful and many times it is a “do or die” kind of metric for the ICO.
Cryptos and blockchains are making affiliate marketers much more powerful. Our professions may even be going mainstream along with these new blockchain projects. In my experience, it is very rare that someone knows what an affiliate or SEO does unless they do it themselves. You can probably agree.
The RefToken team is also focused on blockchain startups that will need to scale faster than their blockchain growth can manage. We marketers are part of that natural scaling if we are promoting them on many channels. We are experts in “getting the word out”. This is what new ICOs really need, IMO, instead of a high pay media team.
Anyways, their REF crypto token is used as a holding currency to determine if the vendor has the money to pay the affiliate for that click and sale or click and action. Once that is determined, the payout goes directly, and immediately to the REF wallet of the affiliate. Hopefully that is you!
2. Hoqu: Though I was impressed initially with them, I’ve seen some convincing investigations that they are a scam that ran away with some money. Do your own research. There are a lot of promises and not a lot of action here.
3. Attrace (ATTR): A unique hash is applied to each ad created. When a possible customer clicks the ad, that action is saved to their blockchain. Every referral is then attached to a unique smart contract across their decentralized network. Based on these saved actions, the merchant can approve or deny the sale for that affiliate.
The affiliate marketer will actually be paid instantly AND in regular currency. There is the option to choose to take the commission in ATTR coin, if you believe their business will gain in value. It’s a way of investing in the system.
There is a 0.5% fee that goes to Attrace, which is paid upon payout from merchant to affiliate. This is part of blockchain technology which is limiting fraud by affiliates.
4. AffiliateCoin (AFLC): This is another decentralized affiliate platform which is based on Ethereum and their smart contracts. That means that the Ethereum coin is very important to their AFLC crypto coin.
AffiliateCoin also has a bounty program here. A lot of these new cryptocurrencies have these programs in place for free advertising and promotions. It is another route/source of earnings for us affiliates.
5. Foreground: They aim to connect affiliates and merchants across the regular Internet and on web 3.0 apps. Their goals are transparency, fairness, and ease of network use.
What sets Foreground apart is they are focused on reputation building among all parties. This will be done across the immutable, decentralized ledger that everyone can view.
They are also focused on aiding new ICOs to grow their crypto investors. Bountie program have unfortunately been compromised with bots and spam, so the team has trouble seeing the legit buyers and bleed ETH to them.
Conclusion: The Future of Affiliate Marketing are Blockchains
So, that’s my coverage of 5 new blockchain affiliate startups and ICOs that are changing our marketing world. As I started studying these topics, I was shocked to learn the amount of problems with affiliate marketing. I really hadn’t thought of half this stuff! It’s been broken and is now being fixed through decentralization, smart contracts, and blockchains.
It’s intriguing and thrilling stuff to me! I hope it is to you too. As with most of these articles on the subject, I ask you to do your homework now, right now! The earlier the better for your affiliate marketing success, in my opinion.
Cryptocurrencies and blockchain tech are the future of industry and business interactions across nearly all industries around the world. If you are lucky enough to have read this early (late 2018) then you are in before the vast majority of marketers. Congrats to you!
Set up some crypto wallets, check out my directory of crypto offers here, and check some of them out. I wish you a mountain of affiliate commissions and better life. Thanks for reading and good luck!